‘The future I see as a scene from a movie’, explains the prophetess to people who would ask her about her visions.
Baba Vanga was a blind Bulgarian woman, known as the Bulgarian Nostradamus. She died in 1996 but is credited to have predicted many of the major global shocks during her life, such as the Chernobyl disaster, the exact date of the beginning of the Afghan war and the collapse of the twin towers in New York, the tsunami of 2004, and the war in Syria. And now, another one of her omen seems to begin to unfold: according Baba Vanga, 2016 would be the year that “Muslims will invade Europe”
Find out her predictions for the years to come … Truth, or Myth?
Baba Vanga (meaning Grandmother Vanga in Bulgarian), was born as Vangelia Pandeva Dimitrova (31 January 1911 – 11 August 1996) and known after her marriage on 10 May 1942 with Dimitar Gushterov, as Vangelia Gushterova.
During World War II, Vanga attracted believers in her ability to heal and soothsay –a number of people visited her, hoping to get a hint about whether their relatives were alive, or seeking for the place where they died.
She is said to have visited hundreds of thousands of celebrities from around the world, presidents and heads of state, business leaders and politicians, kings and sheiks, famous writers, philosophers and scientists. Millions of people around the world were convinced that she possessed paranormal abilities.
Followers of Vanga believe that she predicted the precise date of her own death, dreaming that she would die on 11 August, and be buried on 13 August. Shortly before that she had said that a ten-year-old blind girl living in France was to inherit her gift, and that people would soon hear about her. Vanga died on 11 August 1996.
Vanga reached news headlines after apparently predicting the 9/11 terror attacks.
Sources such as “The Weiser Field Guide to the Paranormal” claim that she also foretold the break-up of the Soviet Union, the Chernobyl disaster, the date of Stalin‘s death, the sinking of the Russian submarine Kursk, the September 11 attacks and Topalov‘s victory in the world chess tournament.
However, the people who were close to her claim that she never prophesied about Kursk or other subjects circulating the Internet, and that many of the myths about Vanga are simply not true, which ultimately hurts and crudely misrepresents her and her work.
Vanga predictions that are said have yet to happen, include; that the 44th President of the United States will be the last acting US president. Europe will be transformed into an Islamic caliphate and the transformation will be complete in the year 2043. Communism will return to Europe and the rest of the world in 2076. There will be a war on Mars in 3005. Followers of Vanga believe these events could happen. However, due to the subjective nature of many predictions, many remain skeptical. Predicting a specific event before it occurred can be seen as being correct after by coincidence or chance.
Accounts on the predictions of Vanga are often controversial and distorted by the media. One recent attempt to systematically summarize the existing knowledge about Vanga was made in the documentary Vanga: The Visible and Invisible World. first aired on RTV on 31 January 2011 The movie includes interviews with some of the people who met Vanga in person, including; Sergey Medvedev (press secretary to President of Russia Boris Yeltsin in 1995–96; Sergey Medvedev visited Vanga as Yeltsin’s envoy following Vanga’s request to meet her), Neshka Robeva (Bulgarian rhythmic gymnast and coach), Sergey Mikhalkov (Soviet and Russian writer, author of the Soviet Union anthem), Nevena Tosheva (director of the first documentary about Vanga), Kirsan Ilyumzhinov (Kalmyk multi-millionaire businessman and politician). According to the documentary, Baba Vanga predicted Yeltsin’s second electoral victory in 1995, and warned him about his heart condition. Several researchers have studied the phenomenon of Vanga in the attempt to establish whether she has any extraordinary capabilities. One of the first studies was initiated by the Bulgarian government and is described in the 1977 movie Fenomen directed by Nevena Tosheva. Prominent Bulgarian psychiatrists Nicola Shipkovensky and Georgi Lozanov also studied the capabilities of Vanga in an extensive study in the late 50s. Reportedly, some of the studies concluded that about 80% of predictions of Vanga turned out to be accurate.
Mishlove, Jeffrey (1975). "Psionics". The Roots of Consciousness. Random House. ISBN 0-394-73115-8. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
Scientists about Vanga
In recent years, a lot of popular science books, scientific papers and entire books, exploring the phenomenon of Vanga appeared. Work of physicians, philosophers, sociologists, psychologists, as well as journalists and writers working in the genre of popular science topics. The “Big Encyclopedia of Vanga” can not cover and comprehend all this huge work in detail, so they have shared the title’s of three of the most interesting books.
- Quantitative study of the phenomenon of Vanga (Velichko DOBRIYANOV)
- The human essence of the image of Vanga (Pantelei Zarev)
- The point of view of a psychologist (Boyka Tsvetkova)
Vanga died in 1996 but is said to have predicted many of the major global shocks.
Click an image to enlarge
In 1942, Vanga predicted that Bulgaria will become a socialist country. She told the Bulgarian tzar Boris III, who visited her on 8 April 1942, that he will die in August 1943, and that red flag will rise above the palace. The King died on August 28 1943, and in the autumn of 1944 Bulgaria became a communist country.
Vanga’s biggest problem with politics came in 1952, when she predicted that “Josef Stalin will go into the nether world and the Soviet Union will fall apart”. She was thrown in jail for her prediction. Stalin died on 16 October 1952 and the Soviet Union collapsed, but his death did not save Vanga from political persecution.
One of the predictions that got her famous in Russia was made in 1980.
“At the turn of the century, in August of 1999 or 2000, Kursk will be covered with water, and the whole world will be weeping over it.”
The prediction did not make any sense back then. Twenty years on, it did. A Russian nuclear submarine perished in an accident in August of 2000. The sub was named after the city of Kursk, which by no means was covered with water.
2001: The 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers
In 1989, Vanga predicted the 9/11 disaster. She said;
“Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds. The wolves will be howling in a bush, and innocent blood will be gushing.”.
The world trade center collapsed on September 11, 2001.The steel birds in the prediction are the terrorists who drove the planes into the trade center.
2004: The Indonesia tsunami of 2004
“a big wave will cover a large coast with people and villages where everything disappears under water.”
The 44th president of the USA will be a black
Baba Vanga predicted that
the 44th president of the USA will be a black president.
She was true as Barrack Obama was elected for 44th president of the US.
She also predicted that
That can partly be described as true, as the US suffered through one of their worst economic crisis.
A “great Islamic war” would begin in Syria culminating in complete control of Rome, in 2043.
According Baba Vanga,
2016 would be the year that “Muslims will invade Europe”.
She also stated that
There would be established a definitive Caliphate and that Europe “would cease to exist”, to become a continent “almost empty “and” wastelands devoid of any form of life. ”
More of Vanga’s predictions for the years to come:
21ST CENTURY PREDICTIONS
For the years that we will live to see, Vanga predicted the following events.
- 2016 – Muslims invade Europe.
- 2018 – China will be the first “super power” in the world, taking the lead from the already worn U.S. In the same year (2018) a space probe will discover “a new form of energy” in planet Venus.
- 2023 – There will be major changes in the Earth’s orbit. the Earth’s orbit would change, which would “melt the poles” and set fire in the “Middle East”
- 2025 – The population of Europe will disappear as a result of wars.
- 2028 – There will be an attempt to travel to other planets like Venus, with the hope of finding other sources of energy to Earth.
- 2033 – Water levels rise due to the melting of the poles.
- 2043 – As exploiters will start moving into Europe, the continent will be ruled by the Muslims.
- 2046 – Any organs can be mass produced. Exchange of body organs becomes the
favorite method of treatment.
- 2066 – Muslims will try to invade Rome and will succeed in that. In an effort to free the ancient city and bring back Christianity to it, the US will use a climate weapon for the first time (instant freezing).
- 2076 – Communism contagious return to Europe and the rest of the world.
- 2084 – The rebirth of nature.
- 2088 – New disease. – People are getting old in few seconds.
- 2097 – This disease is cured.
22ND CENTURY – THE ERA OF THE CYBORGS
Baba Vanga predicted that in the 22nd century, human and live robots will take over the world. Here are the predictions.
- 2100 – A new sun illuminates the dark side of the planet. This could refer to a scientific project that began in 2008 and will create an artificial sun using nuclear energy. (http://fire.pppl.gov/)
- 2111 – Humans will turn into live robots, cyborgs
- 2123 – There will be a war between the small countries of the world, and the big forces will intervene to end the war
- 2125 – In Hungary the signals from Space are received. (People will be reminded of
- 2130 – Extraterrestrial civilizations reach our planet and will help man to live underwater.
- 2154 – Animals become half-humans.
- 2167 – New religion
- 2164 – Scientists will find a way to turn animals into humans
- 2170 – A terrible drought will took place, halting the population of the Earth
- 2183 – A colony on Mars becomes nuclear nation and is asking for independence from
the Earth. (same way as U.S. did from England)
- 2187 – Two large volcanoes erupt – Successfully two volcano eruptions are stopped.
- 2195 – Sea colonies are fully supplied with energy and food.
- 2195 – People living under water will become independent from the land people. They will no longer need supplies and energy from the land.
- 2196 – Full mixture between Asians and Europeans.
- 2201 – Thermonuclear reactions on the Sun slow down. Temperatures Drop.
- 2221 – In the search of Alien life, human beings engage with something very
- 2256 – Spaceship brings a frightening new disease into Earth.
- 2262 – Mars is threatened by a comet.
- 2271 – Physics properties are calculated over, since they changed.
- 2273 – Mix of yellow, white, and black race. New race.
- 2279 – Energy out of nothing (probably from vacuum or black holes)
- 2288 – Travel through time. New contacts with the aliens.
- 2291 – Sun cools. Attempts to fire it up again are taken.
- 2296 – Bright flashes on the Sun. Force of gravity changes. Old space stations and
satellites begin to fall
- 2299 – In France, there is a partisan against Islam.
- 2302 – Important new laws and mysteries about the universe are uncovered.
- 2304 – The mystery of the Moon is uncovered.
- 2341 – Something frightening is closing in with Earth from the space.
- 2354 – Accident on one of the man made suns, will result in drought.
- 2371 – Mighty hunger.
- 2378 – New and fast growing race.
- 2480 – Two artificial Suns collide and leave the Earth in total darkness.
38TH CENTURY – NO LIFE ON EARTH
By the time the 38th century comes, there will be no more life on Earth according Vanga.
- 3005 – A war on Mars will change the trajectory of the planet.
- 3010. A comet reaches the Moon, so the Earth is covered by a ring of rocks and ashes.
- 3797 – The Earth dies. There will be no more life on Earth, mankind will continue living on other solar systems and planets in the Galaxy.
- 3803 – New planets will be low in population, as few people will manage to get to them. The communication between people will be at an awful level, and there will be human mutation as a result.
- 3803 – A new planet is populated by little. Fewer contacts between people. Climate new planet affects the organisms of people – they mutate.
- 3805 – The war between humans for resources. More than half of people dying out.
- 3815 – The war is over.
- 3854 – The development of civilization virtually stops. People live flocks as beasts.
- 3871 – A new prophet will rise, and he will start preaching moral values and religion to people
- 3874 – The Prophet will get the support from all survivors and will start a new Church.
- 3878 – along with the Church to re-train new people forgotten sciences.
46TH CENTURY – IMMORTALITY
- 4302 – New cities are growing in the world. New Church encourages the development of new technology and science.
- 4302 – The development of science. Scientists discovered in the overall impact of all diseases in organism behavior.
- 4304 – Found a way to win any disease.
- 4308 – Due to mutation people at last beginning to use their brains more than 34%. Completely lost the notion of evil and hatred.
- 4509 – Getting to Know God. The man has finally been reached such a level of development that can communicate with God.
- 4599 – People achieve immortality.
- 4674 – The development of civilization has reached its peak. The number of people living on different planets is about 340 billion. Assimilation begins with aliens.
51TH CENTURY – THE UNIVERSE WILL END
- 5076 – A boundary universe. With it, no one knows.
- 5078 – The decision to leave the boundaries of the universe. While about 40 percent of the population is against it.
- 5079 – The universe will end.
Her image is particularly popular in the Balkans and in Russia. Russian publications related to the mysterious prophetess are numerous. “The Great Encyclopedia of Vanga” is a Russian online project, dedicated to her.
More about Baba Vanga
Baba Vanga wiki
Project Gutenberg: Baba Vanga
World Heritage Encyclopedia: Baba Vanga
Baba-Vanga.com (All about Baba Vanga)
The Great Encyclopedia of Vanga
Baba Vanga – Prophecies of the Bulgarian Prophet
Rupite Journal; For a Revered Mystic, a Shrine Now of Her Own by Stephen Kinzer in The New York Times, April 5, 1995
More about Prophecy
Prophecy – Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
List of fulfilled prophecies
Vaticinium ex eventu